Management of Destinations in Cultural Tourism
Instructor: Јово Атељевић, PhD, Full Professor
To familiarize students with basic characteristics and problems of managing cultural tourism at destinations. Mastering of contents of the proposed subject allows students to get acquainted with all economic indicators of the tourist destination in detail and based on this to predict, depending on the possibilities, all variants of further tourist development of the destination, as a competitive position in the tourism market in the context of cultural tourism.
||9th or 10th
|Number of classes per week:
PhD Full Professor
|Learning Outcomes (gained knowledge):
||After completing the course, students will be able to:
- define a tourist destination as the origin of tourism development,
- describe the basic factors and functions of cultural tourism at the tourist destination,
- make the SWOT analysis of the tourist destination.
||1. The tendency of the development of cultural tourism
2. Cultural tourism as a complex system
3. Notion, concepts and types of tourist destinations
4. Basic characteristics and factors of development of destinations
5. Destination as a system of tourism
6. Competitiveness and sustainability of the tourist destination
7. The fundamentals of the tourist destination management process
8. The process of strategic management of a tourist destination
9. Defining and implementing the strategy of developing a tourist destination
10. Positioning the tourist destination
11. Creating an image of and branding a tourist destination
12. Management and crisis management of a tourist destination
13. The impact of cultural tourism on tourism experience
14. Perceptive development of destinations in the context of cultural tourism
15. Presentation of case studies from the region and the world
|Teaching Methods and Learning Activities:
||Lectures, papers, seminar papers, practical examples - case studies
||Popescu, J. (2011). Management of tourist destination. Belgrade: Singidunum.
Morrison, A. (2013). Marketing and Managing Tourism Destination. New York: Routledge.
Pike, S. (2015). Destination Marketing. Routledge.
Deepak C. (2010). Sustainable Marketing of Cultural and Heritage Tourism. New York: Routledge.
McCormick, R. (2011). Marketing Cultural and Heritage Tourism. New York: Routledge.
|Types of Assessment for the subject:
||Attendance (2 points); Final exam (0-50 points); Pre-exam activities (pre-exam paper) (0 - 48 points)
|Special Remarks for the subject: